Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Discuss. (another religion thread, so we're not mucking up Immortal's)
View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #51
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Bull fucking shit. All of the good verses and nice peaceful stuff is what gets handpicked out of the bible. No one reads the violent stuff, or preaches on that. It's relatively ignored. Or, if they do pick the violent verses, the pastor or preacher twists it into somehow being some positive thing. And don't fucking tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I went to church as a kid, and went through six years of Catholic school. You can't tell me that there isn't some pretty dark, scary and violent stuff in both the new testament and the old testament.
Oh heck yeah, there are tons of very dark parts of the bible. Never said there wasn't but they all point a need for a savoir. Most of Christ's Lineage was messed up people who cheated, lied, and did all sorts of 'ungodly' things. His earthly Dad almost quietly disowned his mother before he was born. Mosses was a drunk. The list goes on. None of that devalues the Gospel. If anything it explodes the gospel because it shows how God used the least 'Godly' people to bring his plan to completion through Christ.

Then there is the whole "Why did God kill so many people argument". Most of the time we try to look at history (in a general sense, not just biblical events) through 21st century eyes. You killed people to survive and God showed favor to his beloved people so that his plan for the whole planet would come to completion. He also used those times to discipline his children when to show them, and us today, that the best direction is following after the creator of the universe.

I hate doing this because I really don't have the time. But Try me.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06746 seconds with 20 queries