View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #49
GreaseMonkey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post

That's funny because every time I use scripture in my arguements I make sure it's in context and could read you the whole chapter, and if you had the time, the whole book and show you what it means.

That line of thinking is also pretty flawed when you take into account, which I don't expect you to because you probably don't know, that there are countless pastors that do what is called 'preaching through the bible'. This is where they will start at Mark 1 and go all the way through the book. Preaching every text that is in the book, explaining how it fits into the entirety of the bible. My pastor specifically will pick the verses that most Christians tend to shy away from and blow them up to point to the Gospel. He can do this because he has a Doctorate in Biblical studies and knows Hebrew, Greek, and Arabic.

Bull fucking shit. All of the good verses and nice peaceful stuff is what gets handpicked out of the bible. No one reads the violent stuff, or preaches on that. It's relatively ignored. Or, if they do pick the violent verses, the pastor or preacher twists it into somehow being some positive thing. And don't fucking tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I went to church as a kid, and went through six years of Catholic school. You can't tell me that there isn't some pretty dark, scary and violent stuff in both the new testament and the old testament.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04713 seconds with 11 queries