Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Discuss. (another religion thread, so we're not mucking up Immortal's)
View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #33
aber61

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
No, the only reason I can not think of a christian as a logical person is because they place faith in something that they can not logically explain with out telling me that if I believed I would understand, or if I read the bible (which I have read many parts of) I would understand, or that the only way I can understand is to be one of gods people, etc.

You are incapable of normal logical discussion. You can not explain your faith in a logical way to a skeptic, you can not understand that it is completely normal and logical for others to have different beleifs (religious or otherwise) and quite frankly you are just proving my point with each and every response you give this thread.
As a Christian I can tell you that it is logical to others that believe in God but to people like yourself that don't, it would be illogical which is expected. It is logical for you to think of it as illogical, if that makes sence?
Non-believers that read the bible do get confused by its contents because it is written for people that believe in God. That is why it is called the Living Word of God because it comes to life for believers, it becomes relevent in our lives.
To non-believers it is just foolishness, which you have already said, it makes no sence to you.
God reveals His word and what it means to people who accept His word as truth.
I can and do have normal and logical discussions with people that do not have a belief in anything or even people that have different faiths. I guess I tend to look at people with different beliefs as not being normal. I see the belief in Jesus and Christianity as normal and to be the only truth that can be relied opon as truth that we can count on.
Scenario: I could meet you at a store, swap meet, gun show etc. and strike up a conversation and leave Jesus out of it and find common ground between us.
So the next time you meet a total stranger, it could be me just waiting for an opportunity to introduce you to Jesus
Or not,
just waiting for God to open that door of opportunity to share what He would have to say to you.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06934 seconds with 20 queries