Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Ford Fusion - Shifter "stuck"
View Single Post
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #8
fsumotorhead
N8KVB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
push, pull, darg it around and see if it frees up.
I'm not sure if i'll have any time to monkey with it. It's my DD, and I had to drive my "less than roadworthy" Explorer to work. Plus it's a half hour south of my house.

On the upside, since it's cold out, I don't have to worry about the Ex over heating

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm View Post
Did you happen to try shifting with the engine off? That sounds more like the clutch isn't disengaging, so you're trying to force it into gear while the input shaft is spinning with the engine. If it's a manual, I would expect to find a linkage and not a shift cable. My guess would be the clutch slave cylinder isn't producing the hydraulic pressure to release the clutch.
The clutch is fine. The shifter itself won't budge in any direction ( engine on or off), forward, backward, or sideways.

I'm sure it probably has two cables, one of them is probably not working. If the aren't working in unison, then they won't work at all.

No modern FWDvcar that i'm aware of has a shift linkage, they are all push-pull cables now.
fsumotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05406 seconds with 20 queries