Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Ever want to stop a stupid person and mf them?
View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #19
kerryann
German cars are hot

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post
In Michigan, it is legal to ride on all sidewalks, unless the local municipality has specifically prohibited it (such as Royal Oak). In such a case, the ban must be posted with signs, otherwise it is not enforceable.

MICHIGAN VEHICLE CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 300 of 1949

257.660c Operation of bicycle upon sidewalk or pedestrian crosswalk.
Sec. 660c.

(1) An individual operating a bicycle upon a sidewalk or a pedestrian crosswalk shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians and shall give an audible signal before overtaking and passing a pedestrian.

(2) An individual shall not operate a bicycle upon a sidewalk or a pedestrian crosswalk if that operation is prohibited by an official traffic control device.

(3) An individual lawfully operating a bicycle upon a sidewalk or a pedestrian crosswalk has all of the rights and responsibilities applicable to a pedestrian using that sidewalk or crosswalk.

History: Add. 2006, Act 339, Imd. Eff. Aug. 15, 2006
I actually ride the sidewalks when I run errands on bikes so your post just made me happy. I thought in general bikes couldn't ride on the sidewalks but everyone did anyway trying not to get ran over. I am so happy now.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06643 seconds with 20 queries