View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #7
04PSD
aka Langford

I went with a Storm Mfg trailer from Johns trailer sales in Toledo, OH...it was priced right ($5200 OTD for a 24x8.5 with upgraded wheels and tires), and is decent quality. It didn't have all of the interior options as some of the higher end race trailers, but that was fine with me because I finished the interior myself how I wanted it done. I'm not sure about the extra height, but I would bet that they can order whatever you want. I did a lot of shopping around before I ordered mine, and Johns had the best prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I bought my Haulin from a dealer in Toledo. (name escapes me) However, I was allowed to pick it up direct from the manufacturer and saved a few hundred bucks.

On that note, I would not buy a Haulin again. The paint on the frame was not good and started to have rust break through right away. I also had a huge problem with galvanic action between the aluminum siding and the frame. I would look seriously at the higher end name trailers.

One other note, no matter who and what you go with, make sure you do a few things.
- Get the RV latch on the side door.
- Go with the extended tongue.
- If you don't see the need for a 4' side door, go with a 3'. Interior wall space is important.
- I think it's worth it to get it prewired and insulated ceiling. I had determined where I wanted my work bench and they installed the plugs in custom locations where I wanted them.

I weighed the cost difference of wiring & insulation and decided it was worth the up front money.
Good luck.

Johns trailer sales?

I got my enclosed from them and had the same option to pick it up in Indiana from the manufacturer.
04PSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05914 seconds with 11 queries