Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Recommend place to buy enclosed trailer?
View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #5
I'm not old, honest...
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)

I bought my Haulin from a dealer in Toledo. (name escapes me) However, I was allowed to pick it up direct from the manufacturer and saved a few hundred bucks.

On that note, I would not buy a Haulin again. The paint on the frame was not good and started to have rust break through right away. I also had a huge problem with galvanic action between the aluminum siding and the frame. I would look seriously at the higher end name trailers.

One other note, no matter who and what you go with, make sure you do a few things.
- Get the RV latch on the side door.
- Go with the extended tongue.
- If you don't see the need for a 4' side door, go with a 3'. Interior wall space is important.
- I think it's worth it to get it prewired and insulated ceiling. I had determined where I wanted my work bench and they installed the plugs in custom locations where I wanted them.

I weighed the cost difference of wiring & insulation and decided it was worth the up front money.
Good luck.
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.07369 seconds with 21 queries