Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - I need some new work boots
View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #17
WSU JK

Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotstuff View Post
the Wolverines are the ones that blew out ,after 3 mo.s . won't be doing that again ! I am not that fast nor work that hard . I am going USA with the Redwings .
I have a pair of Red Wings, a pair of Chippewa, and a pair of Wolverines. All made in the USA (each brand has some that are and some that aren't though so you have to be careful).

Overall, the Chippewas are the most comfortable. They are about 3 years old and still going strong. Granted, I don't wear any of my boots in a shop type environment though - I use them more for working outside. I know that standing/walking on concrete all day can be much more brutal on the soles than on dirt, mud, or grass.

These are the Chippewas that I have: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/49464...oductId=848549

They seem to have gone up in price by about $50 since I bought them though. One nice thing about buying from LL Bean is that they have great customer service and really do honor their guarantees.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04572 seconds with 20 queries