Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - What religion are you and why?
View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #102
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Nobody I know believes that trolls or ghosts were the creators of the world and control who gets in to the afterlife. Telling someone that believes that god created the universe that you do not believe in god is making a major statement about your belief of the purpose of our very existence.

Threw out all of recorded human history most cultures have had some creation myth that involved some supernatural being. to say that you do not believe in any of them certainly involves a different thought process.

So? Many people like to think there is a god and it is a popular belief, which is probably why there is a label for people who don't believe in god and there isn't one for people who don't believe in trolls. However, my lack of belief in both of those things is not due to an atheist thought process, but a scientific process and examining of evidence.

Speaking for myself only, I would say my thought process would be slightly different than your average believer in that I not only reject every other cultures creation myth, but my own cultures as well. Its not that much different than the Christian who rejects every other world religion, but the one he/she was raised/indoctrinated into. I simply use the same logic that others use to not believe in Islam, Buddhism, or anything else and apply it to Christianity.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07351 seconds with 20 queries