Thread: Keep your word
View Single Post
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #28
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadSmeltzer View Post
I'm on the other side, I've had an item for sale for well over a year with a lot of offers. I haven't been in a huge rush to sell it so if somebody says they want it and will be in my area in a week or so I'll hold it. I have have two people have me hold it for months, because they kept giving reasons for a delay and I gave them my word I would hold it.
I've also been trying to buy an item for a while and have had people promise to hold it (no more than a week) but its always sold and usually the guy won't respond. I've offered cash or PayPal deposits and they say don't worry they'll hold it. One guy sold three different items within a week of promising to hold them for me. I even offered to PayPal him more than they sold for.

I think the marketplace has taken a dump recently, and friends agree. I used to sell stuff all the time on here but lately its just tons of lowball offers and broken promises.
That sucks. I've had good luck, I think it all just comes down to communication and covering your own ass.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04577 seconds with 11 queries