Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Weee yay!!! Commuter car time
View Single Post
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #39
bbaXJ
Yooper In Training

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bbaXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr View Post
Them fukus commercials claiming 40mpg lie. I haven't seen over 29 on the meter yet. My '08 Cobalt gets 26 and has a smoother ride (as far as shit-box car smooth rides go).
No they don't. My dad has a 2012 Focus 5 door hatchback with an auto and he regularly gets 35+mpg in mixed driving and has seen 42mpg in long stretches of highway driving. Nice cars and they do very well on fuel. My 01 with a 5 speed averages about 30mpg mixed driving, but the older ones aren't as efficient and I drive pretty aggressively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
This is pretty much what I am suggesting to ShooterUnbuilt. If he REALLY wants to save money then buy a $5000 car, sell his truck (which I dont think he needs??) or if he is convinved that he needs a truck, maybe he doesnt need a 4x4 extended cab super duty. I dont know the details of his truck, but it is big and nice. My guess is he could save $10,000 right off the bat by downgrading his truck or selling it. If you do the math, saving 10 mpg on gas takes a long time to make up for $5000 + monthly insurance, maintainance, etc on an additional car.
Agreed.
bbaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07411 seconds with 20 queries