Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - What religion are you and why?
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #66
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post

With all this information/examples I've witnessed, I decided to become a Diest. On paper I should be an atheist but I can't get myself to fully believe in their thought process. The nice thing about being a Diest is that we don't give a crap about recruiting people to our line of thinking. Also, we tend to coexist with other religions as long as they don't push their views uppon us.
There is no "atheist thought process". Nuggets, do you actively believe in any gods (not think there "could or might be")? If no, you lack a belief in god(s), therefore you would be an atheist, just like everyone was before they were indoctrinated into their particular flavor or religion.

That lack of belief in a god or gods, is the ONLY thing that links atheists as a "group". It is the only characteristic that you can say about an atheist. There are liberal atheists, conservative atheists, atheists that are anti-religion, atheists that are apathetic towards religion, etc.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06095 seconds with 20 queries