Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - drinking and working never mix
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #48
hillbillyrockstar
Country folks living LOUD

Location: from St. Clair County, working in Baltimore MD for a while
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebs View Post
Yeah, that's my favorite episode of Rescue Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
I can think of many more worst case "what ifs" that being slightly inebriated could cause...all of them not being good.
Definitely agree. Back in the 50's, 2 fire apparatus in northwest Baltimore collided and 4 firefighters were killed. Course that was back in the days of riding the step like a garbage man and having open cabs with no seat belts. Common sense ruled strong back then before superduper safety this and that go shoved down the professions throat.

But I do agree that it is not an excuse, as a fvckup here is potentially a lot worse than a fvckup on many other jobs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJEEP View Post
I think it all depends on the profession. A firefighter drinking on the job brings a big WTF!? Someone working with heavy machinery or tools also brings WTF to my mind while me, a stupid network engineer, it doesn't matter as much.

I mean if I get drunk the worst I can do is start typing posts the grammar police will freak out on.
hillbillyrockstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07278 seconds with 20 queries