Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Home (Basement) Insulation Question
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #26
xj4life

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
Have you tried to pull any yet. If they did not glue it will come off so easy.
yeah i've pulled two boards already and they were only nailed into place

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYPWR View Post
Did you actually pull a permit for this?? If so, WHY?? If not, whos cares about the damn code?!?! Insulate as you see fit and finish it off.

What the out of control building inspecters in this state dont know wont hurt them, or cost you more headache!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE View Post
But it will hurt him when he goes to sell it.
i havent pulled permits but i will be. a - i'm doing most of the work and want it done right and to code, b - i want to be able to claim it as finished sqft so i can get some value back when i go to sell the house. i have to do this regardless so i might as well get some financial benefit. i'm sure my taxes are going to go up but should also be able to get rid of PMI if my assessed value goes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
Do you not have a plastic vapour barrier between the framing and drywall on exterior walls??? If so does the liquid nails stick to the plastic vapour barrier?? It sounds like a good way to ensure you wouldn't get any screw pop outs from loose drywall, or over tightened screws...
i dont plan on doing any plastic vapor barrier, the foam board is going to be my vapor barrier. i was researching it on the internet and the theory i liked is that vapor barrier against the drywall would just keep the moisture trapped inside the wall potentially causing more issues. i've already spoken with an inspector in my town and he's okay with my plans
This is my Jeep. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Jeep is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My Jeep, without me, is useless. Without my Jeep, I am useless.
xj4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09530 seconds with 20 queries