Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Bicycle Tax: Cycling is bad for the environment
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #16
FORD FLARESIDE
Hockey, it is what it is!

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
What trails were built out of the transportation fund? Do you want to tax people for walking on sidewalks too?

How much maintenance will a rail trail or publicly funded paved bike path need in comparison to a road that cars drive on?

How will you enforce those that use the rail trail are paying their tax?

How do you pay to hunt on public lands? (Serious question I don't hunt) I always thought you bought a hunting license whether you were on public or private land, do you have to pay additional money to hunt on public land?
A lot of cities make the land owners pay for part of the sidewalk build/repair.

I don't have a clue on how to inforce it, I'm just playing Kickstand today. (I'm not very good at it, I might add)

The hunting license is the tax. However, it also transfers as a tax to private land which I wont get into.

Parts of the Muskatawa, White Pine, Hart connection, Lakeshore connector,.........those are just a few off the top of my head. Think about the fact that a lot of these connectors go through street interchanges, which require road modifications, including traffic signal and signage. That's where a lot of the extra cost is.

See you tomorrow buddy.

Last edited by FORD FLARESIDE; March 7th, 2013 at 08:49 AM.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07535 seconds with 20 queries