Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Home (Basement) Insulation Question
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #23
CHVYPWR
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj4life View Post
Trying to finish my basement. Previous owners had already partially finished it in that they put up foam board on the block walls, then 2x4 walls, and then dry wall (they did not tape, mud, or finish the walls at all). They did not put anything in the cavity of the wall. To meet code I've gotta get a minimum of R13 so I have to add some form of insulation.

What I'm hoping to find is foam that can be sprayed into my finished walls so that I dont have to pull all the dry wall down. Any one come across a product or company that offers a product/service like this? If not I'll have a fun weekend of pulling down dry wall that was nailed in place
Did you actually pull a permit for this?? If so, WHY?? If not, whos cares about the damn code?!?! Insulate as you see fit and finish it off.

What the out of control building inspecters in this state dont know wont hurt them, or cost you more headache!
CHVYPWR is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06505 seconds with 20 queries