Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Bicycle Tax: Cycling is bad for the environment
View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #11
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
LOL again.....you realize most of these paths are created with property tax money right? Something the citizens of specific communities have lobbied to have built with their property taxes right?

You also understand that most of the bike paths outside of that are located in parks right?

You also understand that nearly every mountain bike trail in michigan was built by volunteers right?

You also realize your claim of more trails than the snowmobilers or ORV users have just makes you look like you have no clue what you are talking about....right?
You also realize that I'm in Civil Engineering right,.........and that I've built several of these so called public bike trails, right?

Mountain biking is not my topic, I have no issues with pay to ride at a private park.

Snowmobile trails, although maintained, are not nearly as expensive as resurfacing a rail road grade to turn it into a bicycle trail.

One small example: The section of trail that I helped design in Muskegon (only a mile and a 1/2 long) took over $200,000 for construction fees alone.

My family also donated 40 miles of the White pine trail back in the 70's (part of Ben Ensley's estate) in which are lovely governor re-sold naming writes to Fred Meijer for a cool mil. (which the money went mostly for signage and marketing to show how Green the State and the Fred Meijer endowmant were)

Last edited by FORD FLARESIDE; March 7th, 2013 at 07:27 AM.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06966 seconds with 20 queries