View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #16
Easy_E
Web Wheeler !

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
A little thing known as the good samaritan law prevent that. As long as you do as taught. No redneck engineering needed.

Example if I am working as an EMT, I can be sued like you say. But, if I'm off duty and aid someone, I can't.
If I have CPR training and working as a clerk and someone drops, I can aid them, and it is covered under the Good Samaritan law.

Don't get me wrong. My lips do not touch dead lips, but you can adjust an airway, do compressions, and walk away when the cavalry arrives. But if you have had CPR training (who hasn't) you can do SOMETHING.

If you can walk away and look at yourself in the mirror, so be it.

I survived a witnessed full arrest. AED, CPR, load and go. Two days later I woke up in the hospital.
The shit works. Not everytime, but it worked for me.
I watched my father die on the living room floor at 48 years old. He was having chest pains so we called 911 and waited. Paramedics showed up to treat him but were out of oxygen. They did what they could till a ambulance showed up. They walked in and then were told to go back out and get a tank.
All the training all the equipment in the world dont matter when its your time.
This poor lady was at the end of her life cycle the door was open and the light was on. I dont think another day or year mattered to her or the kids. Im not very religious but I believe she is much better off right now.
Easy_E is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04060 seconds with 11 queries