View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #14
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
The argument that can be made is that I was hoping my membership dues would be for legal defense and lobbyists versus pandering to the demographic that already supports them.
And I think what Mr. Green is saying is that they wouldn't be spending money to advertise if they didn't think it would increase their revenue by an amount equal to or great to the amount spent on advertising so that they can have more money to fight the fight.......

That, and I am wondering if it is a bit of a political move....Think about all of the companies that have decided to no longer advertise for guns, or stores that carry guns, etc.

Will we see cable companies black out the nascar race because it is sponsored by the NRA? Will we see fans boycott? Will we see additional fans simply because they are 2nd ammendment supporters (someone like myself is more apt to watch simply to support the NRA)? Will we see drivers not participate? Will we see other advertisers opt out? Will we see other advertisers opt in?

To me it is more than just $$ for advertising instead of lobbying in washington, I think its a bit more strategic than that.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04394 seconds with 11 queries