Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Honestly who thinks there is going to be a real economic collapse or TEOTWAWKI?
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #26
nickb304

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I work for a prototype/low volume production manufacturing company. We specialized in quick turnaround stamping/prototype exhaust/and lots of parts for motorsports. Thanks to Nascar's new gen 6 car, Robby Gordon’s Super stadium truck series, new diesel emissions crap, and new UTV/ATVs in the pipeline we are doing very well at the moment. Like White Rhino most of our success comes from continual internal improvements. We have very high skill level technicians and specialize in making parts that no one else can do in the time frame or offer the quality and repeatability required. It helps having very motivated owner/sales guys. So I guess we can thank the epa for some of our recent boom but we seem to find work everywhere. Things looked shaky back at the start of 08 but within a month everyone was back from layoff and balls to the wall working over time since. I think we have been setting new sales/profit records since then and most of it goes right back into the company. Lots of new equipment has showed up the last few years and now they are planning on consolidating our three buildings into one new 100,000sqft facility.

But back to the original question, I can see the overall economy taking another dip thanks to what is going on in Washington and oversees. In my opinion the country is falling apart regardless of what the economy is doing. We keep losing personal freedoms, access to public lands, the lazy and entitled multiply by the day, cost of living keeps going up, taxes will probably continue to go up, infrastructure we use on a Dailey basis will continue to crumble because our government can’t seem to find the cash because they blow it on other crap, ext.
nickb304 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05424 seconds with 20 queries