Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Honestly who thinks there is going to be a real economic collapse or TEOTWAWKI?
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #25
Coyote Red

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the plumber View Post
I just started my business so I can't say. All the plumbing supply houses tell me that things are picking up though.
Best of luck to you with your business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
We are busy because businesses are expanding. All the big jobs that we have done in the last couple years and the ones we have coming up are for long time customers.
Good to hear you are doing well, by the sounds of your thread in the pub you will be busy the next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
We build feed equipment for stamping presses. Our machines range in price from $20,000 for a small feeder to over $1,000,000 for a complete line that will handle heavy steel. We also rebuild used equipment.

I have spent a lot of time in the last year in the south. Last week was in Texas, the customer spent over $1,000,000 on 3 lines, with more in the works.

To be truthful, the majority of our work is coming in from other states, Canada, and Mexico.
I have heard that the south is picking up big time from a few different people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Our best year was 2010 but it was because of something we had been working on for a couple years. So no plus or minus to Obama.
Since then, we have been at about the same pace that the company has seen since 2005/06. Some up, some down. If anything, speaking domestically, the current economy has hurt us. Speaking international, our business is looking up.

Or main reason for growth has been internal innovation. NOTHING to do with the economy. We are a problem solving company and we make a living fixing problems that our competitors cannot fix.
Good to hear things are still looking up for your company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
You hit a key point. Things are picking back up when you look at individual businesses or companies. Overall I think Michigan is lower than they were compared to the last couple of decades prior to 2006.
These are my thoughts exactly. I think people/business are holding tight and only dong what they have to do to stay alive and not go under. This may mean expansion to meet demand and keep customers happy or layoffs to stay in the black.

I know my main company is expanding to meet demand but the CEO is still hesitant on spending any more than bare minimum. He used to be all for expansion and growth then justifying expansion by finding new business, now he is finding new work before justify expansion.

To the original question. I think that we will have a down turn that will rival 2008 if not surpass it. Consumer spending is down, unemployment is still high nation wide, gas is going up, forecloses are still more prevalent than years past, the world is not extremely stable right now. To me I see no reason why the stock market is this high other than people have a false sense of security because they have been able to hang on this long.
Coyote Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08961 seconds with 20 queries