Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - GL4x4 Motorcycle Club
View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:55 AM   #724
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Matty View Post
I picked up an 03 Tw in November. Not the fastest thing in the world, I just bought it to beat around town and take up north.

Came with the Clarke tank, original tank, racks, handguards, two bags, fsm, extra mirrors, some tools and only 2700 on it. All I've done is swap out the chain and sprockets to a 15t front, 50 rear and an o-ring chain. The front tire sucks at everything so I bought a Shinko 244 but haven't mounted it yet.
Nice. Jess's bike came with a new road tire unmounted for the back to match the one on the front. It has a cycle rack and a jimbo shield installed. It needs new sprockets, the PO replaced the chain with an o-ring chain a couple years ago, but didn't change sprockets. So I'm not sure if I should go ahead and change all or just replace the sprockets. It was also missing a few fasteners, which after a trip to the hardware store, I have sorted out. It had some powermadd hand guards, but they weren't the solid type, so I took the set off the quad. I'll probably be messing with it today in the garage. :-)

It also needs new fork gaiters/boots. These ones are split in multiple spots.
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05775 seconds with 20 queries