Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Bedroom in a basement. What are the laws/regulations??
View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:45 AM   #16
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9zj View Post
let me guess.... their insurance company started charging them more to cover accidental water damage due to the fire suppression system...
this house has taken 12 years to build, include rework (the owner is VERY picky and made numerous changes along the way - most involving the architect and/or civil engineers). the amount of custom millwork, stonework, etc. it is unbelievable. I don't think his insurance bill is really that big of a deal for him - even if the annual premium could buy a modest house every year.

e.g. most people use synthetic stone - concrete/aggregate tumbled and similar products for faux slate roofs & exterior finish. he used actual stone of various types on the exterior. the roof is also hand cut slate, rather than the synthetic equivalent. I forget the brand name of his appliances, but they were imported from France - when I googled them I discovered that his dishwasher would buy a decent used car. the elevator's interior finish is as nice as that in some law offices I've been in.

the toilet on the 3rd floor rec. room has an auto-raising lid and a heated seat...
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05971 seconds with 20 queries