Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anyone have experience with cnc plasma tables?
View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM   #11
Tab

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
do you have the capability to move around larger pieces of metal? the idea of a 4x8 plasma table is great, until you have to move a 4x8 sheet of 3/8" alone... then it sucks.
Exactly. Mine is 4x4 because at the time it's what was easily available. When the company came out with a 5x10 table they were going to give me the original cost of my table (5 years old no less) towards the new bigger one. I passed simply because I built a roller feed table that I can load up to a 4x8 sheet of 1/2 plate by my self. On a larger table it simply wouldn't be possible without a forklift or large gantry set up. I've cut tens of thousands of parts and I would say there are only a few things that have been a pain in the ass due to having to index the material and cut the other portion with a separate cut path. Plus I didn't have to re do my vacuum table and got to keep the extra shop space.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.91575 seconds with 20 queries