Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - * there is the potential for 6 or more inches of snow.
View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #131
kickstand
sHaMoNe!

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
it is cheaper to close the school due to shitty weather than having to pay a law suit due to a bus crashing and hurting a child or someone the bus ran into, period. Again using your logic, when I was a kid I rode my bike everyday without a helmet(I've personally heard you yell at x-man for even looking at his bike without his helmet), I rode in a car everyday without a seat belt(something no parent would even think about today), including laying across the back dash board or whatever you call that thing behind the back seat. We played with lawn darts, which were 8lbs metal missiles, and we threw straight up in the air to see how high we could get it. The examples of reckless behavior that was considered the norm would be endless. Times change buddy, some things for the better, others not so much. I know personally I would rather see them close the school and not risk it, over having an inflated ego thinking you can make it. And going from my childhood, they never closed due to snow, but ice stopped us every time.
I don't mind if they close school, what I mind is the overuse of closing school EVERY time we have had weather this winter.

I don't want my kid riding a bus on bad roads, but if I think the roads are bad enough I will go pick him up.

True story, happened yesterday. Contractor calls up, first day of work at Ford is Wednesday 2/27. Demands hotel room because it might snow and we should put him up in a hotel because he drives a car, it might snow, and he lives in howell......

WTF? That's what, in my opinion, is caused by the "fringe" or "pussy" snow days. Dude thinks he gets a free pass just because he lives far away and its gonna snow.

Well obviously my employer laughed and said we would not provide a hotel room.

He accepted the job, he knew what the commute would be like, and then the first time it snows he acts like a pussy needing a hotel room?

Roads are bad I get it, I actually don't completely disagree with todays closing, but after not having a full school week since before christmas it's a bit ridiculous. Our schools have been closed due to icy backroads, COLD, and snow.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06344 seconds with 20 queries