View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2013, 08:42 AM   #124
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I rode the bus, everyday, from my parents house all the way into town on a dirt road, about 8 miles exactly. I was on the bus the day it spun out and went into the ditch on a big hill by my parents, we all lived, none of us even got hurt.

I rode the bus when they had to use their chains to get down the roads.

12 years of riding the bus down one of the worst roads in our school district, 1 spin out....

It's not about the buses, they used to use delayed starts, main roads only, etc. You can get your kid to the main road, if you don't trust the bus drive your kid all the way to school (that's what I would have done today).....

It's not about the roads, its about the fact that they close school anytime there is some sort of difficulty in life....it's just like the average kid at school, homework is easy, he does it, homework gets hard, cancel school their's 3" of hard homework on the road.....

it is cheaper to close the school due to shitty weather than having to pay a law suit due to a bus crashing and hurting a child or someone the bus ran into, period. Again using your logic, when I was a kid I rode my bike everyday without a helmet(I've personally heard you yell at x-man for even looking at his bike without his helmet), I rode in a car everyday without a seat belt(something no parent would even think about today), including laying across the back dash board or whatever you call that thing behind the back seat. We played with lawn darts, which were 8lbs metal missiles, and we threw straight up in the air to see how high we could get it. The examples of reckless behavior that was considered the norm would be endless. Times change buddy, some things for the better, others not so much. I know personally I would rather see them close the school and not risk it, over having an inflated ego thinking you can make it. And going from my childhood, they never closed due to snow, but ice stopped us every time.
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05181 seconds with 11 queries