View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #15
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Yes, but that is a huge "if"
And, I would hope by now, that my posts would come with the automatic understanding that I portray a world view that takes care of the 'if'.

Instead, we could take that 'if' and understand that I am trying to get people on here to follow the scenario and get past the bloody and beaten horse of 'is God real?' I can't prove that to you but I pray everyday that he will prove it to all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Yours too!

For the record, I don't believe in a god. So hypothetically speaking here, if god created us in his image, that means we should celebrate ourselves. Celebrate being human, and celebrate being happy. Oh wait, Christianity sometimes calls that being selfish. Learn how to live for yourself and not learn to be dependent. Maybe god doesn't want to listen to everybody's whiny ass prayers and wants to be left alone. Maybe god wanted everyone to learn how to be independent.
Christianity teaches us to be happy by helping others. Through that process we find joy and TRUE happiness. Humans aren't designed to be independent. We have always needed others to survive physically, emotionally, and spiritually. If you think you can make it on your own and get everything 'from your self' you are sadly mistaken.

God does want to listen to our prayers. He wants to have a relationship with us. That's that the whole bible is about. You may not believe that, but that's the core belief in Christianity. God did everything from Genesis to Revelation to return us to a right standing with him. Not so he could receive our praises. He created the universe, he doesn't need us, but so we could function in the way he designed us to. That is, to glorify him and rely on him.

It's really simple actually. You probably claim that everything you have you earned right? Well, if we're assuming that God created everything, all that you 'earned' is merely a blessing from God. Your 'independence' is a blessing from God. The breath you just took, From God. WIth out him, we don't even exist. That's why we need to be dependent on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
People can be and do whatever they want, they are real. What about Santa Claus and the Easter bunny? Can they be egocentric?
No. Although Santa Claus is based on a character that got the message from the bible and gave of his own resources to show love to children. That would be the opposite of Egocentric. St. Nick was real.

God is real. You may not realize that yet, but he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I was going to say, the title makes it seem as though people can't be egocentric...that'd be news to me.

btw.
Sorry, God can be Egocentric, you 'should' not be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
This thread is what's emerging from the shack. Look closely and you can see Jesus' reaction to it.

Jesus didn't come to the world to merely save us. Saving us was an act of bringing Glory to God. If you are referring to the book 'the shack'. I've never read it. I think Jesus would agree. He, on multiple occasions, encouraged his disciples to be selfless and live lifes that would be glorifying God.

The idea that Jesus came to the earth merely to save us is quite Arrogant. He did so to enable us to have a right standing with God so that we could live our lives glorifying him with out being hindered by sin or the ancient sacrifices that atoned for those sins.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07238 seconds with 11 queries