Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1941 MB Slatty/ Project Slat Nasty
View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #58
BeaverTown
Cuck Fancer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to BeaverTown

Nothing really. I've picked up more parts and tools. I've also been practicing my welding.

Parts:
-Ford T-18
-Jeep T-98
-Ford small block bellhousing with hydraulic clutch
-Scout Dana 300
-37x12.50/15 original MTRS (5 of them, 4 with 1/4 tread for mock up and a fifth with 90% tread for a spare)
-Warn 8274
-4 stock 15x7 toyota rims for mock up (one will eventually be for the spare)
-All my 3 and 4 link brackets from Barnes 4wd during one of their sales

The build is going to be going a little more high end than I had origanally planned. ORI struts will be replacing the coilover or air shocks, this should make packaging everything in the small space I have to work in easier. Those will be ordered as soon as I can get an approximate weight on the whole thing. I'll be building my own body tub. After looking around for a suitable donor and not finding much I decided that I might as well make it what I want. It will not be stretched at all so that I can still use a soft top. I'll be building a 3/4" square tube structure and skinning it in 18ga. This will be the first task and one that I hope to start within a few weeks. Then onto the frame. 2x4 rectangular tube 34" wide in the back and middle and 30" at the front.

I've kind of been working myself up to this point. Some upgrades had to happen on my ZJ's front axle and that took a bit more money than I had originally planned. Look for some regular updates in the near future.

Wadey, no paddles yet, lol. Should be ready for Beer or Ping Pong soon. But as soon as it's built we'll have to move the body structure off to play.

Page generated in 0.06945 seconds with 20 queries