Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - God can be egocentric, you cannot
View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #1
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default God can be egocentric, you cannot

I haven't been on here much lately and figured I'd stir the pot a bit.

I know many of you may be put off by the idea that I've shared on here that Everything should be done to glorify God. Not only that, but everything is created to do so.

I actually had been wrestling with this idea for a while but as I was listening to a podcast on my bike trainer this morning I head something that really hit home in this area.

God is Egocentric. The only difference is that when we think of an egocentric person we think of an egotist. Usually a prideful, mean, D-bag that thinks the whole world revolves around, and is hanging on, thier every word. Then we equate that to God. Which is why I was having a problem with it. He's not that person.

If we believe that God created the whole universe then wouldn't it make sense for it to revolve around him? And if it did revolve around him, wouldn't it make sense that the created were designed to look to him for everything?

Being the created, that is designed to glorify God, we tend to try to glorify other things. People, sex, things, animals, etc. But those things never meet the need we have built into our begins to glorify God.

Just a couple thoughts. Proceed with the flaming and stereotype fueled 'original' thoughts.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05356 seconds with 20 queries