Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Car hauler
Thread: Car hauler
View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #72
mudrunner456

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

been following this thread awhile and now i feel i should pitch in. 10 years ago my dad purchased a trailor from the weeds in some guys back yard to haul my mud truck on. It is a mobile home frame and axles. We probley put several thousand miles on it hauling my 5000 pound mud truck then once i moved on to jeeps i bought it from him. I put new bushings in the springs and repacked all the bearing and in the 5 years ive owned it i have had zero issues. The axles have been awesome and parts are pretty easy to come by. As far as tires, i have been running the FOR MOBILE HOME USE ONLY tires as i can get them for free and ive had 1 blow out. But i was surprised how well the other 3 handled it saftly till i could get off the highway. Mine has brakes on one axle and when they worked it was sweet but they have quit working and i havnt looked into why yet. Just figured id back up everyone else trying to help by saying these styles trailors can be had cheap and are great for the money.
mudrunner456 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06915 seconds with 20 queries