Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anyone here clear lots? (cut down trees and shit)
View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #11
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
After a few PM's with some questions, I'll be a little more specific.

My plans are to build a 40X60 barn with another 40X60 spot behind the barn that will be a fenced "parking lot". So I guess to rephrase my first post..... I need a 1/2 acre area cleaned of all over growth, dead trees, and selectively cut misc trees. And an area at least 80X200 completely cleared of all growth, stumps removed, and land prepped and brought up to grade for building.
You might do it in two steps. Talk to some tree companies that might do the cutting in exchange for the wood, or something. But its going to depend on if the wood is any good.

And then you'll need to find an excavating company, to rip out the stumps and then bring in the sand and fill for your grade. You'll want to remove as much of the organic materials (stumps and roots) as possible where your concrete is going.

If the wood isn't that great for milling, you might put up some notices to let people come and have free firewood, they cut and remove.

For mine, I cut all of them except one 42" trunk that overhung our deck. None was worth milling (I have milled before, its very reasonable cost), so I cut it all to firewood. I gave away 90% pretty easily, and kept for our own needs. The excavating company dug out all the stumps, laid a gravel driveway, and did the sand and grade work. The bulk of the money was in the sand, I think we had 180 yards brought in. Stump work was $80 per hour.

Last edited by Haggar; February 24th, 2013 at 11:50 AM.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06074 seconds with 20 queries