Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Homestead Property Exemption
View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:09 AM   #27
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbdog17 View Post
I don't think most people knew what was at stake in the last election.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE View Post
Apparently I'm extemely naive, because I was to busy trying to make ends meet with other situations in my life. I didn't expect this. Where was your commentary when it was happening, or do you approve of it?
again, this isn't related to your property taxes - it's simply a component of your income taxes filing - so in answer to your original question, no you did not hear right...

my comment about naivete was more along the lines of your elected representatives do/push/vote/legislate all kinds of shit without a vote of the people.

as for my commentary on it, I don't live in a baller house, but I have never qualified for any portion of the above said credit. in a nutshell it was theoretically there for folks that were "house rich" to help them keep a house if/when their property taxes crossed a certain threshold of their income. with the passage of proposal A, and the PRE exemption from school operating property tax millages, the cap on assessments etc. a larger and larger percent of people didn't qualify for substantive credits anyway.

Last edited by RyeBread; February 21st, 2013 at 10:16 AM.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05649 seconds with 20 queries