View Single Post
Old February 20th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #16
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
This. The other quick connects are not rated for that amperage. Bdd is correct on the quick heat from the ones rated for charging batteries. Keep em lubricated, at least put the female ones on the winch do you can keep mud /water out of the connectors.
How are the connectors rated that you say aren't big enough? Continuous or peak? If it's peak, what's the rating for time? On the McMaster one I see it has an amp rating.. it doesn't go into any detail.

I dunno if you looked at the Warn site, but he's basically looking for the same part they sell, but not in the Warn package. I've seen the Warn parts in person, and they aren't any different than what others have posted. Going with the equivalent of what Warn sells seems to be reasonable to me; as I would expect they aren't going to sell something that turns to dust the first time you use it on a hard pull.

As for peak amp draw on an 8274.. have you checked the peak amperage to what the factory wiring is? I'm pretty sure they use 2-gauge on 8274 if that helps you find the answer...

Page generated in 0.04782 seconds with 11 queries