Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Michigan gun manufacturers?
View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #27
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
You need to do a little research on your own. It makes for a more educated presentation.
BTW, another intent of this bill is to attract gun manufacturers to Michigan.
OK, I guess I must be a retarded dumbass then. Thank you for alerting me to that fact. I don't know how I manage sometimes.

In the meantime, I stand by my original statement. The bill clearly states that firearms made in Michigan will be off limits to the feds. But what it doesn't say is that there will be any grandfathering of firearms not made in Michigan that any of us purchased prior to any of this taking place. If it actually said this I would feel much better about things, but my fear is that the made in Michigan wording will allow lawmakers to try the confiscation crap here that is being proposed by Dems in Missouri. I have to believe that probably 99% of the firearms we own here in this state were made outside of Michigan, and without grandfathering we could all be hosed ("Not made in Michigan? Turn 'em in"). And waiting for who knows how long until manufacturers are attracted to Michigan to help re-arm us legally.
3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06231 seconds with 20 queries