Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 5.7L Power upgrades
View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #25
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beertestr View Post
If you want to try a tb spacer I have one for a Vortec. Just cover shipping, should be $6 if it fits in the small Priority Mail box.

The biggest improvement I saw with my LS Swapped 94 Z71 was smaller tires. I have 285/70-17 BFG 10 plys and they killed mileage a solid 2 mpg. I swapped them onto my 08 Crew Cab for a few months and it did 2 mpg as well.

Winter mileage takes a big hit due to winter blend fuel (yes fuel compositions change by the season) and cold starting. My dd commute is 18 miles and the difference in mileage summer-winter is about 1.5-2.. yeah I measure it every tank.

If you do highway a lot, a tonneau cover helps too.

Big tires look good but kill mileage.

All said and done, going back to stock tires, summer fuel and tonneau took my 08 Sierra Denali from 13.5 mpg- 17 solid. Yeah the big 6.2L... highway with the tonneau made a huge difference.

An LS swap would be cool, I did it twice, but it does not improve mpg much.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Heck i'll take the spacer for a vortec just to have it do you do paypal?

I did decide that i'm going to get a pcm tune, and re-gear the axles/upgrade to a 14 sf later on. I think the biggest help will be a pcm tune, maybe not exactally for mpg but for power and turning 285s/315s
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06305 seconds with 20 queries