View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #1
beertestr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Any interest in LS Swap brackets for 88-98 trucks?

Hey guys. I did an LS Swap on my 1994 Z71 Silverado back in 2010, and drove it as a DD for almost two years before I sold it. I fabbed up my own motor mount brackets to fit the motor so that it mated up to the existing trans without relocating any of the driveline. I transferred my designs to CAD and I'm just starting to make them for others.

These are direct bolt on brackets, made out of 1/4" steel, you do not use the stock SBC clamshells at all.

No trans relocation required, so you can retain all your existing driveshafts. You even run the stock truck oilpan. Stock truck exhaust manifolds clear the frame and if you can snag it with the motor, the stock LS y-pipe clears the frame trans and transfer case. In fact, I used a complete 2004 exhaust system, I just made up frame side hangers to adapt the entire exhaust.

The brackets let you run all the LS Truck accessories and centers the mechanical cooling fan in the stock V8 fan shroud. On the 4WD

I am also working on an AC compressor bracket that lets you reuse the R4 style compressor on the 88-95 trucks. You should even be able to reuse your stock AC lines.

Anybody interested?

Here's some pics of a set I just shipped out. The slots are there to allow a little adjustability fore aft in one of the other applications these work with.
While I used them on my 88-99 body style trucks, they should also work with 73-87 v8 trucks as well.

Sitting like they would on the side of the block.

This is my 94 with a 4.8L in it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by beertestr; February 22nd, 2013 at 11:16 PM.
beertestr is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04986 seconds with 11 queries