Thread: F150 SAS Truggy
View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #141
jeepxj2007

Send a message via AIM to jeepxj2007
I started fixing the drivers floorboard. Here was the start of my own floor board I made...I thought it didn't fit too bad...and I hate sheet metal.
Next I built my steering. I should of just went with ruff stuff parts but I cheaped out and used stuff from eBay. In the long run it cost me I ended up ordering from ruff stuff like I did on most other things because the goon that sent me the wrong arms also sent me a messed up tube insert...I'm not sure what be made them out of but it was something other than mild steel...you could really tell when welding them it ran like crap. Anyways the treads were messed up and when I put the tie rod end in it called the threads and needless to say ruined the tre. Anyways here is my drag link. If anyone has good expert advice I'd like to hear it on this. I know the track bar and drag link are suppose to be close in angle or you will get bump steer. Needless to say mine aren't exactly the same. This won't see hardly if any road use ever so really no high speeds. If bump steer is all I will have from it I will live with it. If it has other ill effects I could lower the track bar frame mount some. It seems like it is a double edged sword however and the lower you go the more leverage it has against the frame. I do have it triangulates to the cradle, but still if I'm worrying of cracking the frame I'd rather live with bump steer. So leave it or change it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360870723176.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	101910   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360871083860.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	101911   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360871098584.jpg