Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Zr2 sfa swap?? Need in depth advice
View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #10
bighroder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
This. A 44 simply does not belong under something that weighs 5000 lbs. The average starting weight is 4500lb and they only get heavier, mine weighs in at 5260 trail ready with me in it. The extra weight has defiantly shortened bearing life and other things. Which really sucks when itís your dd, like mine was. Right now I'm on my 2nd set of Timkins in a year with Mobil one grease, and they get repacked almost every other oil change. Of course thatís if I was lucky and didn't have to tear down the axle for some other reason.... damn thing is almost as bad as the Ifs was for warn out and broken parts (ball joints, shafts, u-joints, and hubs).

Right now I have a fully polished 44 and I can just now actually go a weekend without breaking. Oh and polished 44 = WAY more $$$ than a stock 60. So my vote would be tons, it may seem over kill right now but trust me its necessary.
How much wheeling do you do tho? And how hard? If I go I'm just gunna go threw some mud maybe a little at rocks and valleys (I live around the corner) what 44 did you start with? Is it braced? I just dont see me spending another 1100$ for a dana 60 like I spent for my other rig
bighroder is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.68533 seconds with 20 queries