View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #9
wadey
┌∩┐(Ú_ů)┌∩┐

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2deep View Post
well if you dont want to go with a 60 then a 44 or a custom 9 inch, wadey on here has a zr2 on a 44 and i think 35s ask him what he thinks of his 44
This. A 44 simply does not belong under something that weighs 5000 lbs. The average starting weight is 4500lb and they only get heavier, mine weighs in at 5260 trail ready with me in it. The extra weight has defiantly shortened bearing life and other things. Which really sucks when itís your dd, like mine was. Right now I'm on my 2nd set of Timkins in a year with Mobil one grease, and they get repacked almost every other oil change. Of course thatís if I was lucky and didn't have to tear down the axle for some other reason.... damn thing is almost as bad as the Ifs was for warn out and broken parts (ball joints, shafts, u-joints, and hubs).

Right now I have a fully polished 44 and I can just now actually go a weekend without breaking. Oh and polished 44 = WAY more $$$ than a stock 60. So my vote would be tons, it may seem over kill right now but trust me its necessary.
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04221 seconds with 11 queries