Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - K5 Land Yacht Build
View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #55
89TBIguy
slowly but surely

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

While this axle will be getting a lunchbox here soon i just couldn't stand the though of having a open 60 on 37s (a choice i may or may not regret) so i've decided to try a fozzy locked 60 for the time being. Obviously this has been done by several zuki guys but i've looked high and low for someone who has done it with one tons and came up empty handed. Im hoping the strength of the carrier will be up to the task. The welds were placed with two voids filled directly across for each other on the spider gears and with four voids filled in the side gears . This way there is weld contacting weld on on both spiders in both forward and reverse. I will have the shafts back in it tomorrow and will be able to tell exactly how much differentiation it will give me before lock. But im hoping to be able to crank the wheel hard to one side and get the tires pointing in the right direction before the welds contact.

Welded up after baking..

Welds ground smooth...
89TBIguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06030 seconds with 20 queries