Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Ripped Off By "Sandmaster" aka Randy Johnson ***Updated ***Resolved ***
View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #161
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcjeep View Post
OK so he could have driven to Lowell or where ever Randy is now and have all his $500 back for what may have been a defective front axle but instead decided to settle for $125? That really makes no sense to me. If everything was that screwed up why not just spend a little extra on fuel and go get all the money back?
I really don't know all the extra facts that don't pertain to this deal, but may explain why, like trying to get a vehicle back on the road and not having another axle to put in its place, plus not having time to drive it back and still be out all the time and gas money, and may have had parts to replace the broken ones.
So, although he could make the axle work for what he was doing, it was not worth $500, or even $375, but at that point he may have been out even more, and just wanted the situation done and get his vehicle back on track...

I've been in a similar situation and paid $1500 for a front axle needed for a run with only a couple weeks, but if I have a couple months I would not have paid that much.

How much was his time and gas worth? Randy wasn't offering that back.
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05285 seconds with 20 queries