Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Buy cars from Canada bring to here USA
View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:27 AM   #9
speedfreakracing

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsumotorhead View Post
Not all cars brought over from Canada can be registered in the US due to some emissions and safety regulations.

A friend of mine moved from BC to here, and couldn't register his own car.
Thats correct. I bought a Mustang in Canada a few years back. Before I could cross the border the VECI/Emissions label under the hood had to specifically state the vehicle met the US emissions standards for that model year. Thats all I needed to cross the border. Unfortunately some dillhole repainted the car and painted over said label requiring me to wait for one from Ford Motor Company in print. When you cross the border with the car and its inspected they will give you a paper you have to take with you to the SOS or they will not transfer it to you. I was told if it has a maple leaf on the VECI label or on another label on the car it means it was built for the Canadian market only and it cannot be bought/sold in the US. Hope this helps. But make sure to contact the SOS in case anything has changed since then.
speedfreakracing is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06187 seconds with 20 queries