Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Cordless power tools, which ones don't bring the suck?
View Single Post
Old February 1st, 2013, 08:45 AM   #20
Sandals
Fucking Zen as Shit

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Craftsman Professional 18v (now discountinued) Good tools, liked that the circular saw uses a 7.5" blade, battery life was good, battery longevity however not so great many bad batteries after not that long

Ridgid Have Ridgid 18v Drill and impact as well as planer, all work well, battery life wasn't as great as i've had with other tools, but i think at about 7 years old the batteris themselves still charge and work well

Dewalt Haven't owned in a while, but was never happy with battery life when i did.

Porter Cable Can't say a lot as all I own is their 18v angle grinder, but so far i've been very happy with it. Might look into another tool in their line to see how they do.

Milwaukee My current favorite, M12 and M18 stuff, been very happy so far, and a nice range of useful tools. Currently own M18 Hammer drill, drill, impact driver, M12 Screwdriver, impact driver, drill, right angle drill, ratchet, palm nailer and rotary tool. Been very pleased.
Need to order the M18 Circular saw as I am on my last craftsman battery and it doesn't have a lot of life left in it.

One thing to note, rechargeable batteries dont like extreme temperature shifts. I have my chargers in the garage, but a small bin for all the batteries that i keep inside the conditioned house. Heat doesn't harm them as bad as cold. Since i started this practice i've noticed much bettery longevity.
Sandals is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06165 seconds with 20 queries