Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Ditching cable/satilite?
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #14
Mr.Green
I can levitate!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebabe View Post
Even better - ditch paying for TV all together and get a Roku (or blue ray/ps/wii/ect that will stream hulu, netflix etc). Roku has apps you can get access to for live sports. Sure you pay for some of these apps but the way I look at it we still pay less than if we were paying for cable.

I'll even be streaming KOH live on Ustream on the Roku/TV versus on my computer. That's pretty neat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws View Post
I still have cable but the lowest package to get locals and stuff. We have Hulu+ and Netflix but the shows the family likes to watch aren't always on them and I find myself wasting a million hours looking through the list of shows trying to find something to watch before I actually watch it and waste more time.
I have never really looked into a Roku but I did buy my Dad one for his B Day last year. Can you get cable channel shows from Discovery, Speed, History, etc? I like my gold shows, race cars, pawn shows, etc. Even with Netflix, it usually takes me more time to decide ona movie than to watch it.

I pretty much buy cable for Speed Channel / live racing.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07112 seconds with 20 queries