Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - haror freight 12000lbs winch
View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2013, 12:55 AM   #63
ljense8
Web Wheeler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

As far as the warranty return on the HF winch... I just bought a HF air compressor for my garage at home with the extended warranty on it (I always get extended warranties when available) but not with the intent to do the swap right at the end. That said, the manager actually told me to write the warranty expiration date on the side of my compressor so I could bring it in just before it expires to get a new one. This seems like a common and well known practice. If the execs had a serious problem with it, I'm sure it would be more strongly discouraged. HF banks on selling massive amounts of their junk that doesn't come with a warranty, so when they do the warranty exchanges it doesn't really hurt them as much. In fact it brings customers back to the store where they are more likely to buy more junk. I agree that this practice would run a mom and pop shop out of business, and I have no intention to do the exchange but I don't necessarily look down on somebody that follows the directions of the person that sold them the item.
ljense8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05020 seconds with 20 queries