Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 5.7L Power upgrades
View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #10
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo33 View Post
If it was me I would put in 4:10's if your looking for more power with larger tires that is, I know my Silverado with 3:73's felt alot slower when I installed my 285's. But then you would be over budget since you have to regear 2 axles, but im sure your tranny will thank you with the 315's. Headers are nice but IMO dont help gas mileage eather but there are alot of options for that truck. With a Cam your MPG's will drop not improve eather and you cant go too serious with the computer anyways. IMO you cant have better MPG and more horsepower, because when you have more horsepower you generally dont keep your foot out of it and usally only end up with 1-2 mpg diffrence anyways, 350's arnt known for their MPG's. To get more power and better MPG's is why exactly I put a 5.3 in my 92' c1500 instead of a 350.
What kind of mileage are you getting from your '92? I know asking for more mileage and power is asking ALOT but, really I just don't wanna end up with something that gets 8 mpg for an some extra hp and tq. What about getting a crate engine? never actually looked at prices for them before

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerebowtie View Post
where as the spider injectors limit what you can flow, the marine intake has real injectors

link to roll some thoughts - http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=317

but in the bigger picture a 5.3 can be had for 4-600$ ready to run....a lower mileage 5.7 is getting harder and harder to find.
I've just been reading interwebz professionals, what would all be needed for a 5.3L swap, some say transmission, some say they make adapters for the early 4L60E. I'm sure there's gotta be a company that makes whole kit or something like that
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05215 seconds with 20 queries