Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Used cars and peoples deffinition of MINT
View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #38
Suta99

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerial View Post

I have used the term "mint" before. I was selling the car for $8500 and took $7900. The car had previously been fully restored (professionally) and I bought it way below what it was worth. I drove it for the summer then sold it way below what it was worth. I am not greedy, if I get a deal I will pass it on.
I don't understand people who say the phrase "I sold it way below what it was worth. If I get a deal I will pass it on" if you sell a car that is worth 12k for 8k and you think you seriously could have got closer to 12k but you let it go "to be nice" your an idiot. (We already know your an idiot) I bought a tj this summer for 1200 did brake lines and sway bar links and it now is very nice. I have about 1300 into it and could probably list it in the 4500 range. To sell it for 1500 to "pass on the deal" would be the dumbest this I could ever do. What I think you meant to say was that you thought the car was worth more than it actually was since value is dictated solely on what people are willing to pay for it.
Suta99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05202 seconds with 20 queries