View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #68
GREASYHANDS
Bloody Knuckles

I got this today

Thank you for contacting me regarding President Barack Obama's recent proposals to restrict gun ownership. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

My heart goes out to all the parents, family, and community members that were affected by the horrific incident in Newtown on December 14th. As a father, I cannot fathom the grief and pain the parents impacted are experiencing.

The tragedies of Newtown are a clear reminder that children need parents or other loving adults in their lives, not only to set them on the proper path to being a responsible adult, but also to recognize when someone might need additional help, including help addressing mental illness. Adults must also do their part to make sure children are safe at home, including knowing what movies and television programs are being viewed and what video games they are playing. The level of violence in entertainment is astonishing, and it is not appropriate for every viewer.

In addition to parental and adult responsibility, we must also continue to adequately fund mental health care to make sure that those that need assistance or treatment have proper access. We need to make sure that desperately ill individuals get help, and don't hurt themselves or other people.

Criminals that abuse firearms should be prosecuted to the fullest extent. We must be careful not to sacrifice the Constitutional freedoms of honest, law abiding citizens moving forward on this debate. I am a supporter of responsible gun ownership. The right to bear arms, like all rights our Constitution reserves to the people, will be abused from time to time. The best response is to prosecute the individual responsible instead of the fundamental right itself.

I appreciate you contacting me on this issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future. It is an honor to serve you in Congress.

Sincerely,

Bill Huizenga Member of Congress
Meow
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04245 seconds with 11 queries