Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 460 ford ranger-pics n vids up
View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:46 PM   #18
nightstalker00

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yeah i was concerned with using front coils on the rear, i must have forgot to mention they were ranger front coils. I swapped them out. These coils are about 11 years old maybe a year or two older. My first ranger started with ifs then had a jeep axle, then went full size. The coils have seen a lot of use. My plan was to test them if they did ride rough i have some really soft ones just they are no where near as tall.

The heims, i did some digging online before making my choice. After searching on pirate4x4 and fordtrucks, i found that among all the individuals that have commented the only downside to be found was they ware out quicker and become very clanky. There were stock rigs, bobbed rigs, even a fullsize truck with rockwells and tractor tires running these. You are the first person to mention any catastrophic failure. Mentioning that they bent makes me wonder if they tried to run these threaded out to far. I am no expert to four links just going off what i found.

Thanks for the input on the stacks cause honestly i didnt like the idea. Just my goal was to not worry about things such as water and i didnt wanna run zoomies. Will probably just run open headers or a small strait pipe and point at rear tire.

What did you have in mind for the radius arms? I have seen some people use just four link style mount, that was just like i have in the rear. one small bracket on each side with no cross support. yikessss. if you would like another pic or anything to generate ideas let me know.

thanks again guys

Last edited by nightstalker00; January 23rd, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
nightstalker00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07036 seconds with 20 queries