Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Students and Tablet PCs
View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:18 AM   #14
RyeBread
Catch the wave

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14muddn View Post
Between changing majors and taking semesters off for work I have been in college for 6 years. In that time I have brought my MacBook to class maybe 3 times. I prefer taking notes with paper and pen. When I brought my laptop I was always temped to check Craigslist, email, Facebook, gl4x4, etc. I could not see typing papers, making power points, or spreadsheets being ideal on a tablet.
For me it depends on the class - and it's all about discipline and ability (or inability) to multi-task.

I've taken a LOT of classes, including grad courses where the lecture was in a "lab" at OU and found the convenience factor (plus my typing speed) made it a LOT easier to type my notes.

I've also been in classes at South foundation hall where you're squeezed into an elementary school sized desk for 4 hours, with no access to power and found that hand annotating printed powerpoint lectures and white papers to be more convenient.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04899 seconds with 20 queries